Chief Segmenters are part of the foundation of a channel teams workflow. There are two main types of Segmenters: the General Segmenter and the Chief Segmenter. General Segmenters are responsible for segmenting the videos, while Chief Segmenters are responsible for overseeing the team.
Good segments are the basis for good subtitles, so it is important to learn how to accurately cut segments before working on a project (see the Ninja Academy Segmenting Guide for segmenting guidelines).
- Gold QC Contributors should not work on than 5 on-air Channels at the same time as a Segmenter.
- Graduation from NSSA is preferred but not required.
- 10,000+ Segments
- Recruit, assign, and advise Segmenters to work on parts of the channel.
- To create segments at the request of the Channel Manager, Editors or All Languages Moderators.
- Edit segments where needed from General Segmenters.
- Inform the Channel Manager of any breaks or hiatus from your duties as a Chief Segmenter.
- Moderate & report any inappropriate segmenting, which may include but is not limited to:
- Segmenting with the sole objective of raising the number of your total segments.
- Deliberately creating unusable segments or segments that do not correspond to translatable dialogue.
- Actively participate in the Channel by creating, modifying or removing segments.
- Follow the Channel rules set by the Channel Manager and Moderators including the Contributor Guidelines.
- Always contact Channel Manager before starting to segment or assigning your team to segment.
- Must be available/active during the days that new episodes are released if not throughout the duration of the broadcast of the drama.