Subtitles can be formatted using basic HMTL within the subtitle tool. Formatting your subtitles can really enhance a viewers experience watching on Viki. The Contributor community follows the guides below when it comes to formatting.
- <b> defines bold text
- To input bold text, place the text that needs to be bolded between the tags <b> and </b>
- Example: <b>text in bold</b> would render as text in bold
- <i> defines italicized text
- Italics are usually used for the title of the show, Contributor team credits, dialogue during flashback scenes
- To input italicized text, place the text that needs to be bolded between the tags <i> and </i>
- Example: <i>text in italics</i> would render as text in italics
- <br> inserts a line break
- Note: A segment must have text and cannot be solely line breaks
Do not format your subtitles
- Create consecutive breaks/break tags (<br><br>)
- Please avoid adding breaks <br> without spaces (1 space sufices). In the Roku TV app, the break will not be rendered and the words will run together if there are no spaces in between the break and the next line.
- Italics and symbols such as music notes (♪, ♫) will not be rendered on Roku and some Smart TV apps.