Project Finder is a vital tool for subtitlers on Viki to find projects to complete. This tool will allow you to search for different Viki shows & movies with teams looking for help from Contributors like yourself.
1. Select the first dropdown menu to select the language you wish to translate from.
Example: "I'd like to translate from English" would mean, I will read English subtitles and translate them into another language.
2. To the right of the language you just chose, use the drop-down menu after "to" and choose the language you wish to translate into.
Example: "I'd like to translate from English-to-Spanish". This search will show me channels with English subtitles that need translation into Spanish subtitles.
3. Click on the "Search" button.
1. Once you have decided upon a channel to apply for, select the “Apply” button underneath it.
2. Write a short introduction about yourself on the application that pops-up. Include any information that would help the team member understand your skills + passion.
*Please note, writing in your preferred language is most ideal as this gives the team member an idea of your language proficiency.
3. Provide information about your availability. This helps the team learn when they can lean on your support.
4. Adjust the timezone to ensure that all team members are aware of your availability. Communication is key!
5. Go over your application one final time and then submit it by clicking the “Apply” button.
6. Congratulations!! You have successfully applied for subtitling positions for teams on Viki!
Use the drop-down menu to select specific genre types and refine your search. Please note that the most options appear when "All genres" is selected.
Example: Selecting 'Fantasy' genre content will only list content specific to the Fantasy genre.
The drop-down menu for "place of origin" can be used to select a specific country of where the content is originally from. Please note that selecting "All places of origin" will provide the most results.
Example: Selecting "Thailand" will only list content originating from Thailand.
A: The most options are available when you select “English” for the “I’d like to translate from” option.
A: You should receive a response from a contributing community member on teams that you applied for. Keep an eye on your inbox for private messages. More information about your inbox can be found here.
A: The “Preferences” button will take you to your preference settings for Project Finder as well as where you can opt-in or opt-out of being listed on the leaderboard page.
A: The “Give Feedback” button will prompt you to a survey to provide us with feedback. This is crucial information for us to learn what works and what does not work for our Contributors. We appreciate your feedback!