Final Editors are Contributors who are responsible for doing the last proofreading of the subtitles and makes any last edits before the video (movie or episode) is marked as complete.
- Gold QC Contributors should not work on more than 5 on-air Channels at the same time as a Subtitler, regardless of the channel being considered on-air or library.
- 10,000+ Contributions in assigned language.
- Do the final check for basic grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ensure that the sentence flows smoothly in the newly translated language, correcting any issues.
- Inserts italics, music symbols, round brackets, square brackets and any other things that may have been missed.
- Inform the language moderator (if the language moderator is not available, please reach out to the Channel Manager) of any breaks or hiatus from your duties as a final editor.
- Actively participate in the Channel proofreading only in the language assigned.
- Proofreading only the episodes that are ready for proofread.
- Follow the Channel rules set by the Channel Manager and Moderators including the Contributor Guidelines.
- Always contact Channel Manager and/or Moderators before starting to subtitle, especially on active Channels.
- Utilize Viki's tips to formatting subtitles for drama fans to have a uniform experience across all channels.